Pallet Rack: Know the Advantages to Different Styles
A&A Surplus Inc. carries virtually every type of new and used pallet rack. What we don’t have in stock, we can usually find for you. Please call us at 1-800-826-3526 about any type of pallet rack, including the following styles, and we’ll do our best to assist you:
- Selective Rack: Selective rack provides the most flexibility in a warehouse because you can immediately access every pallet. Selective rack is good for warehouses with high turnover of products. The drawback of selective rack is low storage density.
- Pallet Flow Rack: Pallets are loaded on one end and flow forward to be unloaded on the opposite end, providing good rotation and first-in, first-out inventory. The automatic rotation of stock saves time, reduces forklift use, and is beneficial for perishables.
- Pushback Rack: Pushback rack is good for dense storage of goods that don’t have to be rotated often. Pallets are loaded and unloaded from the front, resulting in last-in, first-out inventory.
- Drive-In Pallet Rack: This is a very dense style of storage that’s often seen in freezers. Pallets are loaded and unloaded from one side, stacked as deep and high as space allows. Forklifts can drive into the rack structure, right up to the next available pallet for loading and unloading, which provides last-in, first-out storage.
- Drive-Through Rack: Similar to drive-in pallet rack, except forklifts can enter from both sides to access pallets. Drive-through rack is also good for cold storage, fast-moving merchandise, and dense storage of similar items.
- Double Deep Rack: Double deep rack is similar to selective rack, except it offers more density because pallets are stored two-deep. They are loaded and unloaded from one side for last-in, first-out retrieval, but double-deep rack offers more selectivity than a drive-in rack system.
- Narrow Aisle Rack: Special forklifts have been developed to navigate between very narrow aisle racks. Pallets and boxes on narrow aisle racks are 100 percent accessible. Narrow aisle uses much less floor space than selective racking.
- Cantilever Rack: Cantilever is best utilized for the storage of long, awkward items like lumber, plywood, steel bars, tubes, rolls, furniture, and sheets. Since there’s no support beams in the front, cantilever rack allows easy loading and unloading.
- Portable Pallet Racks: Portable racks do not require wooden pallets and can be customized for better storage density or better selectivity. Portable racks also can be broken down and stored, which is beneficial for fluctuating inventory levels.
New and Used Pallet Rack and Industrial Shelving for Increased Productivity and Organization of Warehouses and Facilities Nationwide
With multiple locations of new and used pallet rack, A&A Surplus Inc. is sure to have what you are looking for at the price you need it. A&A Surplus Inc.’s used pallet rack is inspected to ensure quality and reliability. When you purchase used pallet rack from A&A Surplus, you can rest assured that you are getting quality pallet rack at a great value.
A&A Surplus offers different styles of new and used pallet rack including, structural, roll formed, push back, and much more. Our used cantilever rack is perfect for holding all your hard-to-store items, such as pipes and lumber, while our used metal shelving is especially affordable and environmentally friendly. To make the most of your space and keep items off the floor, A&A Surplus Inc. also offers wall mounted shelving, which can be custom fit to your needs.
A&A Surplus Inc.’s new and used wire shelving is perfect for light storage. This type of shelving makes any space appear larger by letting light pass through the wire. Plus, if you ever have a fire, wire shelving lets the water through rather than blocking it, allowing the water to mitigate the effects of the flames.
A&A Surplus Inc. also offers drive-in pallet rack, new and used, for your heavier-duty storage needs. Perfect for large warehouses, drive-in pallet rack, as the name suggests, allows you to drive a forklift or other machinery through it so you can move and maneuver heavier items.
Regardless of the type of new or used pallet rack you choose from our wide selection, you’re sure to be impressed with the quality and lasting integrity of all of our products. Call A&A Surplus Inc. today for the best prices, products, and services.